Imagine a few evenings tailored just for you and your partner, a chance to connect with and about your coming baby, voice your concerns and explore priorities, all with a healthy snack and a beverage nearby.
6 hours (2 x 3hrs for $300) or 12 hours (2×6 hr or 4 x 3 hrs for $550) of instruction and hands on techniques in the comfort of your own home. Includes resource list and access to a small library of books.
Deposit is 50% of the cost of classes and due on booking. Balance is due at the start of the first class.
*barter may be possible, but at least half of the total must be paid in cash on booking.
About the Classes:
I am engaging clients in creative childbirth (prenatal) education classes, offering postpartum doula services and seeking to awake women to the power of their bodies and minds as well as support and nurture families in the transition to parenting. My classes are evidence-based and intuitive-nurturing, incorporating the six Lamaze care practices with philosophies from Birthing from Within or video of the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2ujaicsGz8
I believe childbirth is a profound rite of passage, not just a medical event (though it may involve medical expertise), and primarily a journey of self-discovery, not simply an assimilation of obstetric information. (First two tenets of Birthing from Within)
Topics Covered (depends on the length of classes):
- Birth work -heart & mind: “What is your “question”?” (incorporates art making) Lamaze Six Birth Practices & Birthing From Within Principles
- Empowered decision making (what you need to ask! is as important as what you need to know)
- Birth place, care providers, partners, labour helpers and doulas
- Changes of Early Pregnancy and Nutrition, Tests
- Stages of Labour and Complementary Hormones
- Coping Strategies for Labour (positions, breathing, visualization etc.)
- Gentle caesarean birth
- Choices around newborn care and common interventions
- After Baby is Born: attachment, breastfeeding essentials, diapering, carriers, sleeping, and self-care
- Birthing Parents: mourning and celebrating rites of passage, transitions in relationship, power dynamics